Football Acca is a well established brand that provides football betting tips to tens of thousands of customers in the United Kingdom.
Following the successful delivery of the Football Acca iOS and Android mobile apps, Football Acca returned to Degree 53 with the aim of serving their growing number of mobile customers to their website with a fully responsive website and modern content management system along with new branding and site redesign.
Through understanding the user demographic, we were able to create tailored branding for Football Acca, giving the company an identity which resonates throughout every touch point (web, social media and print) that customers may engage with.
By completing a full set of brand guidelines the team were then able to apply the unique branding of Football Acca to the wireframes to create the site.
UX AND DESIGN
The clear user journeys and cross platform wireframes created in the early stages enabled us to fully optimise the user experience and ensure that the user journeys were simple and concise so that Football Acca's customers could really make the most out of the sites functionality.
Using the data in Football Acca’s existing website analytics we identified that 75% of the userbase visited the site on a mobile or tablet device therefore optimising this for mobile, tablet and desktop devices marked a huge improvement on the previous desktop only offering.
Degree 53 built a fully responsive website featuring:
- Football Acca’s subscription based 10 Bets, Quick Tips, In Play, 12 Fold along with free bets for a number of high profile bookmakers.
- Acca Academy which is a free competition open to customers to win a job as a Professional Tipster at Football Acca, this includes:
- Play Now - Allows customers to enter their predictions for the upcoming matches ranging from predicting the Correct Score and forecasting the Total Goals to the Minute of the first Goal.
- League Table - Global table which lists customers positions in the competition, the table indicates if customers have gone up, down or stayed in the same position, along with Social Sharing via Twitter.
- How it Works - A simple “How to” guide for customers.
- To add to the user experience and allow customers to easily place bets on their predictions we integrated feeds of betting data from one of the world’s leading online gambling groups, Bet365.
- We also created a new API to allow their legacy apps to retrieve content from their new website
- Acca Academy was the second phase of the project and is a prediction based competition where customers can predict the statistics and outcomes of matches amongst friends while being in with a chance of winning a job as a professional tipster with Football Acca
Content Management System
In order to meet the requirement of a scalable content management system we recommended moving Football Acca away from a Wordpress platform to an Umbraco solution. The change in content management system to Umbraco meant that the Football Acca team could manage the content on their website more efficiently, easily add new competitions and allow users to create and manage their own personalised leagues.
As part of the move from Wordpress to Umbraco we carried out a large user migration activity to ensure the transition for users from the old site to the new one was seamless.
THE FINISHED PRODUCT
Footballacca.co.uk was successfully launched and over 1500 customers entered their predictions for the first competition.
The site is fully optimised for mobile, tablet and desktop devices, marking a huge improvement on the previous desktop only offering. In addition to this the Umbraco CMS allows Football Acca team to manage their website operations and update all site content regularly.