Totesport approached Degree 53 with the aim of moving away from their ageing mobile platform and onto a white label betting platform with a refreshed design and more features than their previous mobile website and app.
Previously Totesport had used Openbet’s betting platform but were migrating to Gtech as part of this project. This required Degree 53 to produce and integrate a whitelabel front-end website and apps with the Gtech backend using a purpose built middleware.
Degree 53 took the Totesport brand guidelines and created a clean looking mobile offering that works across all smartphones as well as, specific apps for iOS and Android.
Degree 53 built a mobile website, an iOS app and an Android app for Totesport:
- Creation of a specification document detailing the functional and nonfunctional requirements.
- Produced visual designs to ensure the mobile user experience was optimised.
- Built a whitelabel mobile website.
- Built and iOS container app including push messaging.
- Built an Android container app including push messaging.
- Built a middleware to provide the mobile website with the data contained within the Gtech betting engine.
- Extensive QA to ensure all legal, compliance, gambling commission, design and product requirements were accepted.
THE FINISHED PRODUCT
The Totesport mobile website and apps launched in November 2014 and shortly following this a Games section was added to the site proving the value of a whitelabel solution and the speed to market it offers Totesport. Plans are now in place to continually improve Totesport mobile and offer a wider product range.